This month ushers in the 14th annual award-winning Taste of St. Louis event Sept. 14-16 at the Chesterfield Amphitheater, 631 Veterans Place Drive.
Overall attractions include:
- The region’s best eateries on Restaurant Row with more than 30 eateries
- Stella Artois Chef Battle Royale Culinary Competition
- Music stage with free concerts all weekend long
- Kids' Kitchen with fun, educational activities for all ages
- An eclectic mix of finders and creators who make a unique shopping experience at the Village
- The Market, at which local and national businesses showcase their wares, services and style to enjoy.
Three major elements were added to this year's event, according to Taste of St. Louis Co-Director K. Sonderegger.
She says a Bubbly & Dessert Bar will feature five to seven sumptuous dessert tables with wine or coffee.
"And, so many amazing chefs have entered the Battle Royale Competition, we added a new judging category of 'culinary innovation' to the other categories of taste, presentation and technique. We're encouraging creativity and hope to push the chefs to bring their A games, even including the tools they use, such as torches," she says.
Thirdly, in the cooking competition, she says a new Wheel of Death will be spun, with spontaneous disruptions the chefs will have to follow. This includes challenges such as using spoons instead of knives, losing 2 minutes of their preparation times or losing their sous chef.
Taste of St. Louis offers free admission. Operating hours for the event are Friday 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.; Saturday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
For more information, visit TasteSTL.com.
"New additions to Taste of St. Louis for this year are cool, on-trend offerings. We'll have fun things to explore for everyone and for all ages," says K. Sonderegger, Taste of St. Louis co-director.