Founded in 1846 by German immigrants, Fredericksburg has been lacking one thing for a long time – a fabulous place to sleep off the wine tours. But this summer that changes, as the latest addition from the group who brought you South Congress Hotel, La Condesa, Café No Se, and Butler Pitch & Putt opens its doors.
Albert Hotel is a historic preservation effort with four late 19th century buildings and a newly constructed hotel with event, spa, and restaurant space. Named after architect, historic preservationist, and general man-about-Fredericksburg, Albert Kiedel, Albert's great-grandfather Dr. Wilhelm Keidel came to Fredericksburg as the town doctor and judge in 1847, the year after the town was founded. His father, Victor Keidel, was a doctor and pharmacist beloved by the community, famous for riding his palomino at the head of the centennial parade.
The hotel is located on the site where the Keidel family pharmacy and homestead remain, both of which will be integrated into the new site plan. There’ll be three eating options - The Restaurant (offering seasonal ingredients from local ranchers and farmers), The Keidel Pharmacy (a grab-and-go cafe) and JuneBug's, a backyard BBQ joint – and two bars, White Elephant Saloon and a pool bar.
Albert Hotel, 242 E Main St Fredericksburg, TX 78624, alberthotel.com