Beat the Texas heat this summer with some cool treats. Locally, there are many shops that offer frozen fun for everyone. We’ve highlighted just a few of them this month. Enjoy, and watch that brain freeze!
1. Pokey O’s, 330 Parker Square Road in Flower Mound, combines a soft-baked cookie with Texas ice cream to create an unforgettable, customized ice cream sandwich.
2. Froyo Joe’s, 2540 Justin Road in Highland Village, boasts frozen yogurt, frozen custard, gelato, Italian ice and sorbet in a neighborly atmosphere.
3. Subzero Nitrogen Ice Cream, 3721 Justin Road in Flower Mound, offers an experience along with its frozen treats, allowing customers to watch as cream is transformed into ice cream using liquid nitrogen.
4. Epic Gelato & Craft Coffee, 2400 Lakeside Parkway in Flower Mound, serves handcrafted gelato made from the finest ingredients in small batches to ensure maximum freshness.
5. Bahama Buck’s, 125 Chinn Chapel Road in Double Oak, brings a taste of the tropics with its shaved ices, smoothies, Frostalattes, lemonades and more.
6. Milwaukee Joe’s Ice Cream, 901 Long Prairie Road in Flower Mound, offers old-fashioned, handmade ice cream in creative flavors like Black Raspberry Truffle and Disco Lives.