With the K-State football schedule in full force, there are still few things better than getting ready for the big game than with some delicious and easy to make treats. From a treat with heat to one that is purple and sweet, here are a few fun game day recipes to try for the next game! Go Cats!
Purple Wildcat Chow
- 1 (12-ounce) box of Rice Chex cereal
- 1 ½ cups of white or semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter
- 2 ½ cups of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ube (purple yam) powder (available at Mama Fang's Asian Market)
Place Rice Chex cereal in a large mixing bowl.
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving in 15 second intervals, stirring in between each, until almost melted and smooth.
Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and gently stir to coat evenly.
In a large resealable bag, mix powdered sugar and ube powder.
Transfer coated cereal into the bag. Seal bag well. Shake until cereal is evenly coated with the purple sugar mixture.
Spread Purple Wildcat Chow on wax paper-lined baking sheet and let cool for 10 minutes.
Enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Raspberry Jalapeño Poppers
- Raspberry jam
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 lb. package bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F.
- Slice jalapeños lengthwise, removing seeds and ribs.
- Spoon a teaspoon of raspberry jam in each jalapeño half. Fill the rest of jalapeño with softened cream cheese.
- Wrap each jalapeño half with halved bacon strips.
- Combine brown sugar and chili powder. Coat each bacon-wrapped jalapeño with the mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and put poppers cut side down. Bake until bacon is crispy and caramelized.
Classic 7-Layer Dip
- 1 can (15 oz) refried beans
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ¼ cup black olives
- ¼ cup green onions
In a deep dish or serving platter, assemble the layers in order of the ingredients list and serve!