Epicureans everywhere, rejoice! This month, we are taking a look at a stunning kitchen that delights the senses. Whether you're remodeling, buying a new home or simply sprucing up your space, creating a kitchen that is both beautiful and efficient can improve daily tasks while stepping up your celebrations and holidays. So take a look at these tips, and here's to creating a kitchen that you love!
Ease can be found with a few adjustments to the layout and a little bit of forethought. Adding a separate dessert and coffee station will eliminate crowding and allow for easy traffic flow through the kitchen. This can be as permanent or temporary as you like, as there are many options, including installations and chic furniture makeovers. Double pantries are another way to help plans flow smoothly. They allow for space to keep ingredients and supplies on-hand but out of sight, keeping you prepared for any impromptu gathering—or just so that you can cook or bake when the mood strikes. Also, speaking of gatherings, if you enjoy serving guests in a more formal fashion, an adjoining butler’s pantry can provide the perfect staging area.
When it comes to functionality, many solutions are in the details. For instance, the use of drawers instead of cabinets for pots and pans can make them more readily accessible as you juggle other tasks.
“When you open the drawer, you can see everything. It makes it so easy to put your hands on what you need,” says April Mitchem of Douglas Lane Real Estate Group. Another option is to display pots and pans on a hanging rack. These come in many styles and sizes and can be installed fairly easily.
In addition to functional details, you might want to open up your kitchen so as to invite others in, whether family or guests. For example, an open concept kitchen such as this one welcomes gatherings.
Home stylist Jana Smith of The Big Stage shares, “To me, the kitchen is the heart and soul of the home, especially here in the South.”
April agrees, “When I think of the perfect kitchen, I think of lots of space so that everyone can congregate."
Designing the perfect kitchen is a delicate balance of function and beauty, but we hope that with the help of these tips and the inspiration of this beautiful space, you'll be well on your way.
- An abundance of outlets throughout the space gives accessibility for all of your must-have gadgets.
- Cabinets that stretch all the way to the ceiling and those built into the island create visual spark and provide a wealth of storage.
- Collect everyday pieces such as zesters, measuring spoons and cutting boards with character, adding fun and flair to their functionality.
- Larger pieces such as this convection oven and six-burner gas chef’s stove upgrade your kitchen's overall performance as well as its value.
- This unique slotted wood vent hood demonstrates how changing up a classic piece can breathe life and style into a space.
- A large island stands ready to serve as a food prep area or a gathering place for friends and family.
- This weathered copper sink "makes you want to wash dishes,” as Jana says.
Tell us: how do you increase the functionality and fun of your kitchen? Message us on Facebook or tag us on Instagram, @Evans.Lifestyle.
Our featured kitchen is located on Campana Drive in the Bell Tower on the River Community. Please contact April Mitchem for more information at 762.333.3426.