Many love the convenience of fresh herbs at home, and what could be more convenient than an indoor herb garden? Here are the easy steps to grow your own!
1. Pick a sunny spot that receives 6 hours of sunlight daily. The kitchen is best to ensure you maximize the use of your garden, but any room will do.
2. Purchase 6” containers that have drainage holes and saucers that can collect the water underneath. Also, select a good potting soil, like Miracle Gro Indoor Potting Mix.
3. Choose herbs you find yourself reaching towards most often! Some options are basil, thyme, rosemary, mint, oregano, and parsley. Most are best grown from starters, as it can be a very long process to grow from seeds.
4. Remove plants from their temporary containers by pushing from the bottom. Gently loosen roots and place plant in its new home. Fill with the potting soil to the depth the plants were growing in the original pots.
5. Water well, and as needed to keep the soil lightly moist. Do not overwater.
6. The key to growing herbs is to harvest them. As soon as you see the first few leaves, it is time to taste the fruit of your labor! Remove one leaf, and two grow back. Enjoy and good luck!