A love for homemade pizza was born during the beginning of COVID. A simple hobby that included the whole family, evolved into a passion to show that anyone can make restaurant-quality pizza in their backyard or home oven. If you’re interested in learning more, follow @backyardpizzadad on Instagram.
Today we’re making a NY Pepperoni Stromboli!
This recipe is so simple and fun to make, there are only 4 ingredients!
If you’re not ready to make your own dough, then I recommend buying some from your favorite local pizzeria.
But if you are, then check out my Instagram page (backyardpizzadad) for tutorials on how to make your own pizza dough.
I love using this Bianco DiNapoli NY Pizza Sauce because it’s a quality ready to use product
I used a blend with low-moisture whole milk mozzarella and provolone cheese
You can get creative here, use whatever cheese you like
I went with the classic Hormel Pepperoni, but whatever is your favorite will work fine
Want to make it spicy? Add some jalapeño and Mike's Hot Honey on top
- Preheat your home oven to 550, the hotter the better
- Roll out the pizza dough, using your hands, rolling pin or even a bottle of wine. The goal is to look like a rectangle.
- Add your cheese, sprinkle some oregano, then load up the pepperoni
- Roll it up like a giant pizza burrito, tuck in the edges so it’s nice and tight
- Lightly brush some extra virgin olive oil on top to get that extra crispy golden color crust
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes (or until golden brown)
- Slice it up and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese
- If you added jalapenos to take the spicy route, double down by drizzling some Mike’s Hot Honey on top
Dan Piasecki, backyardpizzadad