Bill and Judy Houck have left an indelible legacy of exceptional food, memorable moments and top-notch service for us here in Roswell. Cheers!
This tradition continues at the newly opened Coastal Bar, Grill & Chill, located in the former Houck's space. “Coastal builds upon this legacy by introducing new culinary creations while paying homage to Houck’s classics," says Jerome Stuart, Coastal’s director of operations.
"Coastal will transport guests along a captivating expedition capturing the essence of the Gulf Coast's cuisine, beverages and culture. We have interwoven coastal living with the warmth of Southern hospitality to create a relaxed, inviting neighborhood destination, elevated by the ambiance of a beachside retreat and a menu that transcends expectations."
This fall, guests are invited for daily culinary and beverage delights alongside special events like Tuesday night trivia and live music performances. For loyal fans of Houck’s, there is no need to worry as Coastal's menu features a medley of dishes they have loved for the past 35 years including Houck’s combo platters. The management and staff that patrons have come to know also will be sticking around.
The new menu will feature modern takes on many Southern favorites. Among the highlights are:
- Baked goat cheese dip – topped with jalapeño-cilantro pesto and served with a trio of chips
- Ray Bob – a Texas version of the Reuben with smoked corned beef brisket topped with horseradish slaw, Swiss cheese and fried pickles on sourdough bread
- Muffaletta flatbread – olive oil, mozzarella cheese, salami, mortadella, capicola, olive salad and sesame seeds
- Coastal house salad – spring mix, diced tomatoes, crispy bacon, mushrooms and dried cranberries served with Coastal’s special ranch dressing
- Costillas en rojo – eight-ounce boneless beef short rib in a house-made mild and savory red sauce, served with cilantro-lime rice and black beans, topped with pickled veggies and almonds
- Shrimp and grits – Coastal’s take on a Southern classic with grit-stuffed fried shrimp swimming in a creole cream sauce with andouille sausage and the trinity of veggies
- Bananas Foster banana pudding – a historic mash-up of two classic Southern favorites
Coastal Bar, Grill & Chill
10930 Crabapple Road, Suite B120