It's so special to be able to open up your new home to your friends and family with a housewarmimg party! Filling your new space with the people you love really makes it feel like home! Or maybe you moved over the winter, and you waited for the warmer months to have everyone gather. Either way, with a little planning and prep work, you will be able to relax and have fun with your guests! Here are a few tips and some yummy treats you can make to be the hostess with the mostest!
HONEY ORANGE LEMONADE
- 2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 1/2 cups water
- Honey Simple Syrup (1 cup water, 1/2 cup honey )
- Warm 1 cup water and 1/2 cup honey in a pot over low heat. Stir. Once honey has dissolved, remove from heat and let cool.
- Juice lemons and oranges and pour blended juice into a large pitcher. Add 3 1/2 cups water.
- Once honey simple syrup has cooled, add to pitcher. Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
Keep the menu simple, containing mostly bite-sized food, such as homemade cookies, savory pastries, and party mixes.
Housewarming party favors are a way for you to thank your guests for stopping by. Mints and chocolates are always a hit!
As always, keep things uncomplicated and casual. Hostessing is as much about enjoying your guests as it is ensuring things are welcoming and well organized.
SPINACH BACON CHEESE PUFFS
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
2 packed cups chopped fresh spinach
3/4 cup crumbled feta
3 slices crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed and cut into 9 squares.
1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin pan.
- Briefly microwave the cream cheese - about 20 seconds or longer if needed until it's soft. Mix the egg, oil and dill into it until well combined.
- In a separate bowl add the spinach, feta and bacon. Pour the cream cheese mixture over top, season it with salt and pepper then use a fork to combine together.
- Line the muffin pan with the pastry squares, press them into the bottom of the cups. Divide the spinach among the cups as evenly as possible. Bring the 4 points together over the filling and press them together.
- Lightly brush with the melted butter. Bake about 25 minute until golden brown and puffy. Allow to cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.