If you ever see a man dressed in a business suit, sitting in a kayak floating down the Little Miami River, chances are it’s Matthew Hoekzema. Not that he’s done it yet, but it’s come up in conversation. A member of the Little Miami River Chamber Alliance, Matthew is an enthusiast of all things water. When he’s not helping clients as a financial advisor at his Edward Jones office in Milford, volunteering behind-the-scenes for the LMRCA, or speaking at local high schools about financial literacy, Matthew and his family are likely to be kayaking, boating, or simply getting their feet wet in Loveland’s vibrant river-town scene.
“You have it all here within a three-minute drive from our home,” Matthew confides over coffee at Hometown Café. “That’s where the community connection comes in—the grass is always greener where you water it. So, we want to make sure Loveland is thriving.”
Whether it’s giving back to a community or helping his clients manage their money so they can pursue their passions, Matthew believes that wisely investing your resources should be a natural part of life.
So when it comes to money management advice? Consider Matthew’s top tips for the season.
1. Think about a Roth conversion with your pre-tax money. Utilize your current tax bracket while the market is low.
2. Fund the education accounts of your children or grandchildren. Remember, 529 funds can be used for any education expense, even K-12.
3. Review your health insurance plan. Make sure you’ve got the right coverage for your family.
4. Increase your 401k contribution. If you got a raise, apply half of it to your retirement. And see if your company offers a Roth 401(k).
5. Make a qualified charitable donation (QCD) to the charity of your choice.
EdwardJones.com/us-en/financial-advisor/Matthew-Hoekzema | 227 Water Street, Suite 100, Milford | 513.831.4323