medaesthetics-1021-550?v=1

Look good, feel good

Skin care and self-esteem go hand-in-hand at Potomac Medical Aesthetics

Article by Danielle S. Tepper

Photography by Monica Vidal

Originally published in Potomac Lifestyle

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Beauty is only skin deep. Of all the idioms about physical appearance, perhaps the one Potomac Medical Aesthetics is striving to change is “age before beauty.” By offering a variety of restorative skin treatments, they’ve set out to show their clientele that the two are not mutually exclusive.

“Aging is a loss of facial volume,” explains Dr. Peter Petropoulos, who founded and opened the practice in October of 2016. “You have to understand the natural physiology of aging, from what’s going on at the superficial level (in the skin), as well as deeper structures to guide the rejuvenation process. For a lot of people, they think one thing is going to make all the difference, but most will need a combination of therapies.”

All of which can be found at Potomac Medical Aesthetics—services range from dermaplaning and chemical peels to Botox and CoolSculpting.  

“The reason I wanted my own practice was to be able to provide the treatments that I thought were really neat in the industry,” says Petropoulos. “As time has gone on, some of the non-surgical approaches have yielded really awesome, natural results. Most of our patients are looking for that natural look.”

According to Petropoulos, the best work goes unnoticed. “A big impediment for people is that they only recognize the bad work—but that’s only about 5% of what’s out there. The other 95% is so subtle and so good that nobody knows. It’s very different than what people perceive it to be.”

It may take some convincing for a first timer, to be assured they won’t walk out looking like one of the Real Housewives, but the well-trained team at Potomac Medical Aesthetics is armed with an arsenal of expertise to educate patients on both prevention and long-term maintenance strategies.

“What most people recognize when they come in is that this isn’t your typical medical practice,” Petropoulos says. “We know you by name. You’re not going to wait. We really get to know you and build long-term relationships. And we try to make you feel like we’re happy to have you—because we are.”

Prospective patients can expect their complimentary consultation to last an hour or so while reviewing concerns and receiving recommendations. Once committed to a treatment plan, you’re part of the Potomac Medical Aesthetics family.

“One thing that I tell patients is that you shouldn’t jump from practice to practice,” says Petropoulos. “You’re not going to get the best long-term care from someone who only treats you once because they don’t know your history and can’t follow the progression.”

Of course, it’s not that hard to convince folks to return once they see the results they were hoping for.

“It gives people greater self-esteem, because they feel better about themselves and they want to keep that feeling, so they come back,” says Petropoulos. “It’s fun when patients are happy with what they get—people who thought they were lost causes. What’s awesome for me is getting to see those transformations; it’s really rewarding.”

To learn more about the services available at Potomac Medical Aesthetics, visit potomacmedicalaesthetics.com.

SERVICES

These are just a few of the many treatments available at Potomac Medical Aesthetics. Which one would you want to try? Schedule a consultation to see if it’s the right one for you!

1. CoolSculpting: CoolSculpting is an FDA-approved treatment for non-surgical fat reduction. It can be done anywhere you have pinchable fat that diet and exercise just can’t seem to help, such as abdominal and love handle areas, under the chin, upper arms, and thighs.

2. Emsculpt: Emsculpt is an FDA-approved non-invasive treatment that’s the first of its kind aimed at strengthening, toning, and firming muscles using High Intensity Focused Electro Magnetic (HIFEM) technology.

3. Halo: Halo is a dual fractionated laser that helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines, sun damage/dyschromia, skin texture, skin resurfacing, scar revision (including acne scars), signs of aging, pigmented lesions, and also improves appearance of enlarged pores.

4. BBL: BBL (BroadBand Light) is the world’s most powerful Intense Pulsed Light device on the market and can treat skin conditions associated with aging, active lifestyles, and sun damage, restoring your skin to its natural beauty, making it clearer, smoother, and vibrant.

Related Businesses

Sutera Spa

Day Spas

Sutera Spa

Flower Mound, TX

With a staff of highly qualified therapists who will tailor each treatment to your unique needs, Sutera Spa is designed to...

See More

Related Articles

See More