Bathrooms are a place to relax, renew and refresh. That's partially why warm bathroom floors and towel warmers are becoming extremely popular, says Laura Grosman of Thompson Price Kitchens/Baths/Homes in Des Peres.
"We're taking out a lot of bathtubs and putting in larger showers," she says. "We only recommend keeping a tub if the homeowner truly uses it, and we suggest a true soaker tub."
Thompson Price remodeling experts know bath remodeling is about way more than putting in new faucets.
"There's an explosion of material options to make bathroom remodels as beautiful as they are functional," Laura says.
She says their work is definitely not a "bath in a box" approach, but rather designed and custom-built to each client's space and needs. She adds that underfloor heating systems are frequent requests.
These days, bathrooms are becoming more about functional luxury. Those considering bathroom remodeling projects may want to contemplate the following regional and national 2019 trends for bathroom remodeling:
- Black is the new gray. Richer, darker tones are picking up in popularity. They're being used in light fixtures, vanities and mirrors, along with matte finishes.
- In 2019, smart bathrooms even include smart showers, mini fridges and automatic sinks—perhaps with built-in blue tooth speaker systems.
- Warmer shades of toned-down gold and brass faucets and fixtures are being chosen. Rather than the shininess of the past, new finish options are satin, matte and spun gold.
- By contrast, some people are choosing industrial-styled sinks and vanities with metal finishes and funky tiles, especially for hall bathrooms or powder rooms.
- Lots of different tile shapes and designs provide eye-catching outcomes with hexagon, diamond, arabesque or chevron patterns and colors.
- Wood accents are trending back into bathrooms. They also help warm the industrial, vintage or modern bathroom remodeling executions.
- Compact storage spots, such as hidden shelves, now eliminate cluttered-looking cabinet countertops.
- Adding one's own pop of color through accessories helps set different moods and easily can be switched out for the seasons, events or specific reasons.
- One color in particular for bathroom walls within 2019 design trends is predicted to be shades of blush.
Designers indicate two more changes associated with 2019 are larger bathtubs and more open showers.
12101-B Manchester Road, St. Louis, 314.966.8234, ThompsonPrice.com