Enjoy a scrumptious blueberry cobbler in an iron skillet for a quick and easy September dessert! With juicy blueberries in season, this delightful treat lets you savor the flavors of late summer. So gather your ingredients, preheat the oven, and indulge in a comforting dessert.
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Buttermilk
- 3/4 cup Water, room temperature
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- 3–4 Tbsp Turbinado Sugar
- 6 cups o Fresh Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with the rack in the middle.
- Whisk dry topping ingredients in a bowl. Add buttermilk and melted butter, set aside.
- Stir sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt for the filling.
- Pour berries into a cast iron pan, drizzle with vanilla and lemon juice, and sprinkle with the dry filling mix.
- Top with the prepared topping, sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream. Enjoy!
Meet Our Editor: Hey, West Austin! Treat yourself to my favorite blueberry cobbler—a perfect September delight! Watch out for our October "Food and Drink" issue next month!
email@example.com | @westaustincitylifestyle