This midcentury modern stunner is a Minnesota original through and through. Originally built in 1960 and then redesigned with thoughtful enhancements by the award-winning architectural firm of Meyer, Scherer, and Rockcastle, this home is one of a kind. Coldwell Banker agent Meredith Howell says, “This house lives so much larger than the square footage indicates.” Howell attributes this to the extraordinary setting the property sits upon. Secluded on a 2.2-acre lot, this home is tucked into one of the few remaining stands of 150 acres of Minnesota Big Woods. On the south side, the property is on the third fairway of the Wayzata Country Club.
This unique and rare setting allows the natural beauty of the outside to become part of the experience inside. Howell notes, “It has an understated sophistication and many areas of this property are simply ideal for gatherings large or small.” Impeccable design situated in a postcard-worthy setting; 519 Ferndale North is an oasis with views to enjoy year-round.
1. Elegant yet comfortable main floor living areas feature Minnesota-made granite floors, custom milled Minnesota white pine floors and Minnesota taconite walkways. A large wall of windows allows woodland views and plenty of natural light.
2. The spacious screen porch is the perfect place to view numerous garden areas and the manicured fairway of the third hole of the Wayzata Country Club.
3. The high-end Boffi brand kitchen offers a fine Italian design featuring sleek lines and professional finishes fit for any gourmet or gourmand.
4. An 1100 square ft garage space offers ample room for three vehicles, a large workspace, and room for storage.
5. This Mid-Century marvel was cool before mid-century modern was retro-cool. A smooth merger of classic design and contemporary amenities.
6. An aerial shot shows the lush landscape and spectacular views this home enjoys from every angle. An in-ground soft water pool completes the outdoor spaces.