Mochilero Kitchen, at Happy Valley Road and 67th Avenue, serves up fresh ingredients and made-from-scratch dishes. Brother and sister owners, Meliza Miranda and Chef Jorge Cota, always use the freshest ingredients to bring the flavors of Mexico to Peoria. Chef Jorge recommends fresh ingredients for this ceviche. mochilerokitchen.com.
- 16 oz Jumbo shrimp, cleaned, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Roma tomato, deseeded and diced small
- 3 jalapeño, diced small
- 1 large red onion, diced small
- 2 oz ketchup
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 bunch fresh chopped cilantro
- Chop the cleaned shrimp so that most pieces are about the same size.
- Add lime juice, and let shrimp marinate for about 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, add tomato, jalapeño, red onion and orange juice. Mix evenly.
- Add ketchup and mix. (Add up to 1 oz more for a sweeter taste.)
- Add your favorite hot sauce.
- Finish with fresh chopped cilantro and enjoy with chips.