It's time to revamp and refresh your decor for the spring and summer. As temperatures begin to rise and the ground begins to thaw, it's never a bad idea to switch up your interior design — whether it's in the living room, bedroom or kitchen. That's why we asked interior designer Katie Heinz of The Interior Design Studio to put together three refreshing springtime decor ideas for our readers.
First up, Katie has designed a rustic traditional kitchen. It offers a casual yet sophisticated design feel with an ideal balance of formal and relaxed elements. The concept utilizes two main color tones, rustic lantern pendants and a chandelier paired with the more classic sheer drapery style.
The second look is Katie's Scandinavian farmhouse living room. It features large windows, lots of whites along with the occasional black contrast and a minimalist approach to home decor. Altogether, it creates a simple, beautiful and functional space.
The third design is Katie's modern glam bedroom. This room was designed around the intricately embroidered pillow fabric, incorporating more bold colors and layering in chrome metal for a little accent glam.
Modern Glam Bedroom
1. Floor Lamps, Uttermost, $799
2. Window Roman Shades, Graber, $399-$499
3. Customizable Ottomans, Rowe Furniture, $999
4. Pattern Pillows, Thibaut Fabric, $139-$384/yard
1. Black Tufted Leather Sofa, Bernhardt Furniture, $3,795
2. Area Rug (8-by-10-foot), Surya, $1,199
3. Mercury Glass Chandelier, Regina Andrew $2,500
4. Black/Natural Wood and Gold Accessories, Mud Pie, $79
5. Brass Accent Table, Noir, $1,233
Rustic Transitional Kitchen
1. Sheer Draperies, India's Heritage, $129 each
2. Dining Chairs, Guild Master, $1,127
3. Linen Chandelier, Curry & Co., $2,549
Work with Katie and the talented team of interior designs at The Interior Design Studio by calling 330.725.7623 or visit InteriorDesignStudioOH.com.