Whether seeking family flicks, live music, the region's first-ever Food Hall, weeknight happy hours or the next big events, the entertainment hub at 3730 Foundry Way offers many adventures. With 17 kitchens, 13 local shops, history exhibits, upscale tech-infused mini golf games, photo-realistic murals and creative workspaces, City Foundry STL quickly became a popular destination after opening in August 2021.
Oh, and free parking is available on-site and nearby.
Weekly trivia, sponsored by Quest Trivia St. Louis, occurs on Thursday evenings in the Food Hall from 7-9 p.m. Attendees claim competition is rigorous. Prizes are donated by 4 Hands Brewing Company.
The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema offers new movie releases, classics as well as films shown only there. In addition, they serve a full, multicourse menu where every meal is prepared from scratch. It includes favorites such as cheeseburgers, pizzas and fresh-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookies. They also have handcrafted custom cocktails, soft drinks, award-winning milkshakes and 30 beers on tap.
A super-fun, new scoring system is in place at Puttshack, which is a tech-infused mini-golf space whereat the golf balls track gameplay and competitors can earn, or lose, points based on how they play. This game was specially designed for hosting birthday parties, high school reunions, office parties, wedding showers and special occasions. They also offer beer pong.
Just freshly opened during March at the site is City Winery, which brings a culinary-cultural experience for St. Louisans and urban wine enthusiasts passionate about music. Matt Sorth, spokesperson for the Foundry's property management team, says this new space will accommodate 250 guests. "We'll hold signature concerts, live performances, food/wine experiences, private events, upscale dining options and comedian performances there," he adds.
Kitchens at the Foundry serve up a variety of cuisines, including authentic and customizable Belgian waffles (as seen on ABC's Shark Tank), Asian-Mexican fusion, popsicles, cheesecakes, burgers, pizza, tacos, Creole meals, soups, salads, desserts, Caribbean cuisine, chicken rotisserie, sandwiches, desserts, toasted ravioli and other options. Organizers made sure to have gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options, as well. (This overall development is located within a previously food desert for St. Louis.)
Breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert selections are there for the picking.
Note that all tables in the Food Hall are first come/first sit, in the spirit of celebrating community and bringing the city together.
On Friday and Saturday nights from 6:30-8:30 p.m., enjoy live music in the Food Hall from all genres of St. Louis artists, including jazz, acoustic, rock, folk and popular cover songs.
Foundry Way is home to an 'intentionally not average shopping center.' Instead, it's a retail spot where local, vibrant brands with local roots have sprung from dedicated teams who are committed to having a real St. Louis impact. Accessories, clothing, vintage fashion, sneakers, art, groceries, home décor, housewares, sporting equipment, daily skincare essentials, jewelry, office items, wellness products and beloved gifts can be secured there.
Other fun facts about this interesting hub destination:
- Originally built in 1929 by Century Electric as a foundry, City Foundry STL is a transformative new “live, work, play” community in Midtown St. Louis. It celebrates St. Louis’ history while invigorating its current community by creating something brand new within familiar walls.
- The City Foundry is now an estimated 15-acre renovation site costing $300 million. The development is owned by full-service design/construction firm Lawrence Group and Steve Smith, CEO.
- The Foundry is 100% compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act. There's elevator access on all levels of the parking garage. All areas in the Food Hall are wheelchair accessible as well.
- Visitors can leverage free Wi-Fi, no password necessary.
- Dogs are allowed outside on the City Foundry property and are welcome on the patio, but only registered service animals are allowed indoors.
- Select kitchens in the Food Hall have online ordering options and menus available.
- The Foundry is believed to have resulted in 800-plus new permanent jobs for the metropolitan region.
- City Foundry STL won the Novogradac HTC Award for Non-Residential Development that Best Exemplifies Major Community Impact.
At press time, hours of operation for the Foundry's Food Hall were updated to the following later times:
Sundays: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Mondays through Thursdays 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
For groups of 40-plus, The Foundry offers a Food Hall 'wristband experience' where participants can try any kitchen options by showing wristbands. Meals are paid for afterward by the event host. To schedule this, email firstname.lastname@example.org.