Everyone wants a fresh, healthy meal but sometimes time and prep stops us from enjoying it. Below is a meal that you can create in under 30 minutes, using pre-prepped ingredients or fresh! This two-pan dinner will be perfect for after that long day of work.
-1 cup of fresh cranberries or craisins ( I use Ocean Spray brand for craisins)
-2 cups of butternut squash ( I use a bag of Mass River Organic Butternut Squash Steam Bag)
-2 Tbsp. olive oil
-1 tsp. dried thyme
-1 tsp. dried sage
-Salt and pepper to taste
-1 tsp. garlic powder
-1 pound ground sausage or chicken sausage (can be your preference, I used green chile ground chicken sausage)
-1 bag of Kale, washed and drizzled in olive oil
-I medium onion chopped
-Honey to drizzle ( I use organic spicy honey sauce from Trader Joes)
1. In your air fryer add roasted butternut squash and cook at 400F for 20 minutes. (If you do not have an air fryer or prefer the oven, preheat oven to 400F spray large baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes)
2. While the butternut squash is cooking, in a large pan cook your ground sausage on medium heat until there is no pink.
3. In the same pan add kale and onion and seasoning until cooked completely.
4. Add your butternut squash and your cranberries or craisins to the cooked sausage, kale and onion.
5. Serve in a bowl and drizzle with honey (I use a spicy honey from trader joes )
6. Serve hot and enjoy!
-If you do not like fresh or dried cranberries, it can be replaced with another dried fruit such as figs.
-If you prefer to use a fresh butternut squash, ensure all seeds and skin is removed. Drizzle with olive oil and seasoning and prepare in the air fryer the same way as instructed.