A year ago, Thirty-One Gifts opened its 651,000-square-foot distribution facility in Flower Mound bringing almost 400 new jobs to the area and a heart for helping others.
“Cindy Monroe founded Thirty-One Gifts to empower women to find financial freedom by owning their own business to support their own personal ‘why,’” says Wendy Bradshaw, Thirty-One Gifts Executive Director of Community Affairs and Philanthropy. “We all have a ‘why’ – a reason for doing the things we do. It might be family, friends, faith or flexibility or maybe having fun.”
The company, which produces fashionable and functional products, also has a ‘why’ – to help others achieve their goals. In addition to investing in its consultants, Thirty-One Gifts supports families worldwide through its philanthropic Thirty-One Gives program.
“Giving back is part of who we are; that’s why we created Thirty-One Gives, our charitable program that works to empower girls, women and families by helping them build the confidence and self-esteem needed to live a purposeful, thriving life,” Wendy says. Since 2012, Thirty-One Gives has donated $100 million in product and cash to charitable organizations that share the Gives mission.
“Thirty-One Gives is a partnership between our consultants, customers and home office team members working together to support our giving pillars. We are committed to bold action to break the stigma of mental health, supporting domestic violence survivors, empowering families, building strong, confident girls and honoring those whom we serve,” she says.
Thirty-One Gifts has more than 50,000 independent sales consultants across North America, with more than 450 of them in the Dallas Metroplex.
“Our independent sales consultants are active stewards of the Thirty-One Gives mission offering their time, talent and treasure to support non-profit organizations aligned to the Gives mission,” Wendy says.
Some of the organizations Thirty-One partners with include:
• Ronald McDonald House: Thirty-One Gives provides welcome bags for every Ronald McDonald House in North America. “To date, more than 700,000 bags have been gifted,” Wendy says. Contributions also have provided more than 12,500 room nights for families.
• World Vision: Thirty-One Gifts consultants have made more than 20,000 World Vision Hope Kits to provide support for women in disaster relief areas, domestic violence shelters or underserved communities across the country.
• National Network to End Domestic Violence: Thirty-One Gives invested $125,000 in the National Network to End Domestic Violence to launch the Independence Project, a micro-lending program to help domestic violence survivors build their credit scores and economic independence.
• Girl Talk: Thirty-One Gives supports Girl Talk by inspiring more than 46% of all Girl Talk Chapters supporting leadership development through its peer-to-peer program.
• United Service Organizations: Thirty-One Gives supports the USO by donating products, including tote bags, for military spouse Coffee Connections and Special Delivery Baby Showers.
• Girls on the Run: Thirty-One sponsors 5K races across the country in support of Girls on the Run, an organization that inspires girls to be joyful, healthy and confident.
• Breast Cancer Charities of America: Thirty-One Gives supports Breast Cancer Charities of America’s Feeling Beautiful Again program by providing a beauty care package of hope to women with breast cancer.
Many independent sales consultants participate in the company’s BE THE GIVE initiative in their communities, doing outreach projects of their own.
During the spring and summer seasons, Thirty-One Gives focuses on supporting mental health. Customers have the opportunity to support this effort in two ways. They can “round up!” any order and/or shop from the On Our Sleeves Collection, from which proceeds support the On Our Sleeves movement to transform children’s mental health.
“It is incredible to see what our consultants are doing through their independent businesses in the spirit of our mission,” Wendy says.
For information on how you can participate in the Thirty-One Gives program, visit MyThirtyOne.com/us/en/info/gives.