Summer 2021 has rolled in with a renewed wave of wanderlust. People across the globe are trekking toward some semblance of a return to normalcy following last summer’s lockdown.
Southern Californians are flocking to a bevy of spots in and around Mexico. The combination of culturally rich sites, delectable cuisine, and breathtaking beaches is a welcome reprieve from the norm.
Let’s take a look at some of the most tempting travel spots ripe for the picking this summer.
San Diego Hotel del Coronado
If you prefer to satisfy your travel itch stateside, look no further than SoCal’s own San Diego Hotel del Coronado—also affectionately known as “The Del.” One glance at the grounds of this ethereal escape will have you scrambling to book your next coastal vacation destination.
The Coronado is divided into four distinct “neighborhoods,” each designed to delight your individual fancy.
· The Victorian is the original beachfront hotel that blends past and present. Established in 1888, the Queen Anne architecture is reminiscent of earlier times, and each uniquely designed hotel room is decorated with a contemporary feel.
· If you’re yearning for a more musically-inclined, social scene, book a stay at The Cabanas. Vibrant sights and sounds await at this welcoming oasis that’s perfect for adults and families alike.
· As the name implies, a stay at The Views is all about taking in the oceanfront scenery. Swim, surf, or soak up the sun on your beachside balcony.
· For a more intimate getaway, check in to one of the private cottages or villas found in Beach Village. Secluded, personalized service and VIP amenities are unlocked for guests to guarantee an unforgettable experience.
Wherever you land at The Del, luxury awaits. Shimmering swimming pools, surfing lessons, private beachside bonfires, cabana lounging, shopping, spa and salon services, and more are just a taste of the activities available.
Disneyland is back and better than ever! Since reopening to the public, Disneyland has unveiled a whole new land for guests to experience.
Avengers Campus is accepting new recruits to join the superhero ranks alongside Spider-Man. Looking for a weekend escape with the family?
Grab the kids—and your Mickey Mouse ears—to enjoy California’s classic American adventure park.
Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico
Stretching across 700 miles of coastline, the Yucatan Peninsula is an increasingly popular travel destination due to the diverse selection of recreational undertakings—think exploring ancient Mayan ruins, traversing tropical forests, witnessing exotic wildlife, visiting local villages—the choice is yours!
If you’re still not quite comfortable traveling too far from home, Mexico is just a hop, skip, and jump away.
Are you craving more out of your vacation than simply sunning poolside? Head right across the border for a smorgasbord of action-packed pursuits.
Engage in one of the Yucatan’s unique experiences….
· Swim with sea turtles, whale sharks, or dolphins
· Discover local treasures in the small town of Mérida
· Take in the stunning sights of The Pink Lakes of Las Coloradas
· Dig into history by visiting Chichen Itza’s amazing archaeological sites
· Enjoy the unparalleled natural beauty of Tulum’s open-air cenotes
· Relax, unwind and reconnect at an adults-only or fun-filled, family-friendly resort in Cancún.
Where will your first post-pandemic getaway take you? Shake up your routine and discover a new excursion.