March and April proved to be two of the hardest months that we in the travel industry have experienced since the brutal events of 9-11.
Travel agents worldwide were there to help customers with cancellations and rebooking highly anticipated cruises and tours. With each cancellation, the agent, who works on commission only, would sigh and know that the revenue from that booking was in most part gone.
Putting revenue aside, we all knew that being there to take calls and answer emails was our No. 1 priority! It would break our hearts when a client had decided to book their cruise or tour online with a .com company and could not get through to them by telephone or email because they had closed their doors. Unfortunately we were unable to help them.
This leads me to provide you with “Six of the Top Reasons to Use a Travel Agent”:
1. PEACE OF MIND. When you work with a reputable travel agent in a storefront travel agency office, you can walk in, see them, and get to know and trust them. The same applies when you work with an independent contractor who is associated with a reputable storefront travel agency.
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE. When you receive personalized customer service from a travel agent who knows the travel industry, you once again gain peace of mind.
3. MAXIMIZE YOUR BUDGET. A travel agency associated with a major travel network like the Travel Leaders Network has access to negotiated values, amenities and prices you can’t get elsewhere. Plus, you will receive invaluable customer service if anything goes wrong.
4. SAVES YOU TIME. Your travel agent has trusted resources and contacts they use daily to maximize your budget and save you time and frustration.
5. INSIGHT AND EXPERTISE. A benefit of being a travel agent is the ability to visit destinations and sail on cruise lines. This firsthand experience provides the agent with the best recommendations to match your travel wishes and help you to have a wonderful travel experience.
6.v ITS FREE! Most of the time, a travel agent’s recommendations, assistance in reserving your cruise or tour, and preparing your travel documents is free.
A MESSAGE FROM THE FOUNDER AND THE PRESIDENT OF BENTLEY HEDGES TRAVEL
In these unprecedented times for the travel industry, we are so proud of our team at Bentley Hedges Travel who worked relentlessly assisting our valued friends and clients. Our advisors worked diligently and spent hours on the cancelled cruises and tours, when possible rebooking those canceled tours and cruises. We helped clients interpret cancellation policies, finding the answers to travel insurance options and much more.
When you are ready to travel again, our advisors will be ready to assist you. We will give you access to exclusive Travel Leaders/Bentley Hedges deals, benefits, amenities and customer service. Travel Leaders/Bentley Hedges Travel is here for you before, during and after your trip, and we'll be here when you are ready to plan your next vacation.
Founded in 1970, we appreciate the trust that you have placed with our company for the last 50 years and we look forward to visiting with you soon.
Travel Leaders/Bentley Hedges Travel
Bentley Hedges (Founder/Chairman of the Board)
Angela Hedges Hendricks (President/CEO)