- 1/2 head radicchio leaves, torn
- 3-4 cups arugula or baby spinach
- 2 oranges, segmented
- 1 pink grapefruit, segmented
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 1/2- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
- crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, Cervasi preferred
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice (squeeze what's leftover of the segmented oranges over a bowl. It should have lots of juice remaining)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, orange juice, Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper.
- Assemble the salad on a platter by arranging the radicchio, arugula and half of the citrus segments.
- Drizzle with a few spoonfuls of the dressing. Layer the fennel, avocado, red onion, and the remaining citrus onto the salad. Top with pine nuts and goat cheese if using; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve.
For more deliciousness follow Lauren @Lauren_Lane_Culinarian and Lauren-Lane.com
I have a header below if you’d like to use that.