In the winter months, there is nothing better than to cozy up with a cup of homemade soup. I love a good potato - whether it is baked, scalloped or mashed. When creating this recipe, I combined my favorite potato toppings to make a Loaded Potato Chowder. Follow my blog on Instagram for more winter recipes @hellofoodreviews.
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 package of bacon
- 2 bundles of scallions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic and pepper seasoning
- 2 cups milk
- 1 32oz container of chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 8oz container of sour cream
- Peel and cube potatoes, boil for 10 minutes.
- Cook bacon, then chop into bits.
- Wash and chop scallions.
- In a soup pot, melt the butter over high heat and slowly add in the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Gradually add in milk and chicken broth, stir until thick.
- Bring to a boil and add in potatoes and scallions.
- Mix in chopped bacon, cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Let simmer for 15 minutes and taste test accordingly.