Leanne Allen is Team Lead for The Smyrna Team at Keller Williams Cityside and loves our community. We asked her to share her favorite activities with kids this month. Enjoy!
- One of our favorite reasons why we love Smyrna/Vinings is having the Braves in our backyard! We love to visit the Ballpark and watch the game in the greenspace while grabbing a pizza from Antico and enjoying a treat ice cream from Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream. Allowing the kids to run around, dance on stage, while cheering on the Braves lets them act like kids burn some energy! On non-game days, visiting the splash pad always is a hit.
- North Cooper Lake Park is such a unique park and a weekly stop for us! A real hidden gem within Smyrna neighborhoods. A Mountain Bike Park with multiple wooded trails, skills area, playground, and community garden. Our kiddos love to bring both bikes and scooters and hit the trails. This park is not only for kids, but active for adults who love mountain biking and trails. Bring along the fur-kids to the bike park for full family fun!
- The City of Smyrna always has a wonderful social calendar that keeps our family busy with activities. Our favorite weekly activity is Food Truck Tuesdays at Taylor Brawner Park. Bring your picnic spread and choose from a selection of 8-12 trucks. We love to pick one item from each truck and share family style. Our kids always see a friend from school or a local sports team to play with in the greenspace or playground. Finishing off dinner with a King of Pops popsicle is always a favorite for the kids.
- Smyrna/Vinings has been progressive to appeal to families with disabilities to create inclusion for all. Recent parks have opened to provide a safe place to play without limitations for children with or without disabilities. One example of an inclusion playground is at the Windy Hill Community Center that was designed using the playground equipment supplier PlayCore's seven principles of inclusiveness to ensure children can be: fair, included, smart, independent, safe, active and comfortable. As a parent, I love the idea that my children can play with children of all abilities shaping them to accept one another.
- West Palisades Trail and Paces Mill Park is our go-to trailhead to the Chattahoochee River trails for a quick afternoon hike. With convenient access to the trail on the Vinings hill, tucked between two major Atlanta highways, it’s an outdoor oasis framed by urban infrastructure. The kids love to find a walking stick for the dirt trails. Stroll on the paved path or climb rock-lined trails creating the perfect challenge for any age!