This Thanksgiving, Vinings Lifestyle is thankful for Maggiano's Little Italy sharing with us two wonderful original recipes from its mouthwatering menu: Lemon Ricotta Pancakes and Rigatoni “D.” If you have enjoyed these dishes before, now is your chance to replicate the experience at home! Or let your taste buds revel in delectable meals on-site at the Cumberland Mall, Buckhead orand Dunwoody’s Perimeter Mall locations. Mangiamo! Maggianos.com
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Serving: 4 standard-size pancakes
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 eggs, separated
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup whole milk
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon canola oil
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, egg yolks, kosher salt, whole milk, ricotta cheese, vanilla bean paste, lemon zest and lemon juice. Set bowls aside.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks are formed.
- Whisk the flour mixture into the ricotta cheese mixture until incorporated.
- Gently fold the whisked egg whites into the flour and cheese mixture until incorporated. Do not over fold.
- Place the canola oil on a griddle heated to 400 degrees F.
- Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, scoop the batter onto the griddle.
- When the batter begins to bubble, and the bottom has turned golden brown, flip the pancake over.
- Cook until golden brown.
Serve with whipped cream, blueberries and maple syrup.
Prepare the mushrooms, pasta and sauce separately before combining them at the end.
Servings: 4 to 6
1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 1⁄2 cups button mushrooms, sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
1⁄3 cup yellow onion, diced 1⁄4 inch thick
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Combine all ingredients in a bowl until onions and mushrooms are seasoned and coated. On a 12-by-18-inch cookie sheet, bake for 15 minutes until mushrooms become dark brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
10 ounces scaled rigatoni pasta
1 ounce olive oil
Follow cooking directions on box. When pasta is cooked, drain and toss with olive oil. Reserve.
Marsala Cream Sauce
2 cups chicken broth, cold
1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 ounce olive oil
1 pound chicken breast, boneless/skinless, cut 1 inch long by 1⁄2 inch wide strips
4 tablespoons butter
1⁄2 cup chardonnay
3⁄4 cup Marsala wine
2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
3 ounces aged Parmesan cheese
In a small bowl, whisk the chicken broth and cornstarch until incorporated. Reserve.
- In a 4-quart saucepan, heat olive oil and butter until fully melted and frothing.
- Add chicken; cook until seared and slightly caramelized.
- Add both wines; reduce liquid by half.
- Add chicken broth/cornstarch mixture; simmer.
- Add heavy cream, salt, black pepper and mushroom mixture. Cook until sauce slightly thickens.
- Add cooked pasta at a low simmer.
- Blend well; turn off flame.
- Mix in basil, parsley and Parmesan cheese.