This is a Wilder family favorite side salad, or fresh appetizer with chips, an easy, healthy way to add a nutritious and delicious item to a lunch or dinner menu.
- 2 cups dry or frozen black-eyed peas
- 1 cups fresh organic cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup fresh organic yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup fresh organic orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh organic red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 fresh Red onion, small diced
- 3/8 cup fresh jalapeno, organic, small diced
Premixed and made Dressing:
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 oz. organic agave nectar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 bunch fresh green onion, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/16 cup fresh cilantro, fine chopped
Place black-eyed peas (if fresh) in a medium pan to boil with water for approx. 30-35 minutes until soft, but not mushy (al dente). For a quick version, heat canned peas.
Add red onions, jalapenos, bell peppers. Mixture should be sautéed but still retain crunch. Remove from heat, cool in large mixing bowl
Once cooled, add tomatoes to peas and place to the side
In a blender, add apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, agave, and EVOO until well mixed.
Pour 1 1/2 cups dressing onto pea and tomato mixture and toss gently
Chill then garnish with cilantro and green onions.
KarmaFarm, 54 Pharr Rd NW