Do you enjoy spending time in your kitchen? If not, read on! We've put together some tips and great finds to help you bring your kitchen back to life.
First, we suggest painting the walls and updating cabinets. Choose a color that brings joy (Marie Kondo, anyone?), and ensure your cabinets are organized and tidy within. Cabinet color is also a large factor in the look and feel of the room. Paint your cabinets a color that does not overwhelm. Or, contact a local cabinet dealer if you'd like a brand-new set pre-painted in a fresh color.
Next, bring in an element of personalization. We love to install painted shiplap below an island or custom open shelving that can be styled to your heart's content. Add in fresh greenery, your favorite stack of dishes, go-to drinking glasses—the list goes on! Choose objects that are relatively simple and cohesive.
Finally, if within your budget, update light fixtures and countertops. Choose light and airy fixtures, and use light bulbs that cast warm light. We prefer quartz countertops. They're very durable yet sleek, blending with a variety of styles and cabinet colors. These updates will round out your look and help to create the kitchen you will never want to leave!
Get the Look:
1. Pale Oak Wall Color, $35/gallon | Benjamin Moore
2. Light French Grey Cabinet Bases, $75-plus/box | Must-Have-Home.com 678.567.6978
3. Shiplap: 1 inch by 6 inches by 8 feet. Premium Tongue and Groove Pattern Whitewood Board, $5.29/board | Home Depot
4. Aged Nickel Decorative Shelf Bracket, $9.58/each | Lowe's
5. Boswell Quarter Collection 3-Light Vintage Brass Pendant, $104 | Home Depot