If you are wanting to look your best during your next outing, try products made from BlackTravelBox®. Founder Orion Brown tells us about these unique hair, body and skin products that will leave you glowing.
1. Tell us about Black Travel Box. BlackTravelBox® is a premium clean beauty brand for women on the go. We make affordable luxury hair and skincare products, free from harsh chemicals, that last long, and are made specifically for (and by!) Black travelers.
2. What inspired you to create this beauty brand? They say that necessity is the mother of invention. Well there is no greater necessity than the “necessities" of travel when you’re far from home. On a not so recent trip to Japan, I found myself thousands of miles from home with a major miscalculation of weather and a head full of hair with no hope. I didn’t have enough product to get me through the trip and there was no place locally I could find the products I needed. Dejected, I avoided the selfies and made the best of it. But upon reflection, I could only hope that someone would make a company to serve travelers like me. I searched and found there were none. So, I created one. I started BlackTravelBox® to give women of color a brand they could trust for their travel personal care needs. As Black travelers, we have few places we can find products that work for our hair and skincare needs.
3. What is your favorite product? I love the Body Balm. It's rich, emollient, and smells like heaven. We blend Shea and Mango butters to get the perfect balance of moisture sealing oil with a snap-your-finger dry finish. No slick spots, just soft skin.
4. Any other info you would like to share. We recently launched a Staycation™ Collection of destination inspired candles, capturing the beauty and wonder of travel in a truly “lit at home” experience. We also continue to offer the COVID Relief box, a donation item that allows our customers to give back to frontline workers while supporting BlackTravelBox®.
5. What are your favorite things to do in Denver? Favorite restaurant? My new favorite lunch spot is NOLA Voodoo Tavern. Really great creole food and wonderful cocktails. I'm a big fan of music so Ophelia's is pretty high on the list as well. Quality Italian is hands down my favorite brunch spot - good music, great staff, and the food is phenomenal. I love to walk around Rino and spot new murals and graffiti - it's relaxing and beautiful. In fact my headshots feature a couple.
To learn more about BlackTravelBox® and to shop the products, visit theblacktravelbox.com.
I started BlackTravelBox® to give women of color a brand they could trust for their travel personal care needs. As Black travelers, we have few places we can find products that work for our hair and skincare needs.