Simple enough to make at home and tasty enough to please your family, this recipe for Mixed Berry Cobbler is a great way to use your surplus of summer produce. It also features ingredients that are likely already stocked in most pantries and freezers, including brown sugar and orange juice.
Puckett's summer cobbler boasts a medley of blueberries, blackberries and raspberries that combine for a rich, seasonal (and end of summer!) flavor.
Puckett’s Mixed Berry Cobbler
Yield: 1 full 12-by-20 pan (Approximately 15 servings)
- 5 pounds mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries and raspberries)
- 4 ounces orange juice
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 4 cups white sugar
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 pound melted butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Mix filling to incorporate sugar and spread in a hotel pan.
- Whisk flour and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl, mix buttermilk, butter and vanilla.
- Whisk buttermilk mixture into flour mixture without over-mixing.
- Pour evenly over berry filling.
- Bake at 350 F till golden and topping is done through, approximately 45 minutes.
- Top the warm cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra sweet treat!