Out of all the lists we could make right now, this one feels the most exciting. Maybe because it’s a sign of what’s to come in the business world. Women aren’t just getting promoted to the top of big businesses, but they’re creating their own – and we couldn't be prouder to have these women right here in Brentwood, TN.
Small businesses are a major part of the American economy, and women appear to run them better than ever. Small businesses fuel job growth, generate taxes and make up a large percentage of American businesses overall.
1) Ashley Brooke James & Elizabeth Moore, Founders of Triluna Wellness
"Do you struggle to balance working out, eating “right,” and finding time for mindfulness? Are you always in pursuit of greener juices? Do you blame yourself for not feeling 'well enough?' That's by design. Traditional wellness profits off of our insecurities and directly benefits from its own impossible standards. At TRILUNA we are creating a version of wellness that is sustainable, realistic, and inclusive, with wellness practices that are grounded in bio-individuality and community care. We couldn't find the version of wellness that we needed, so we built it."
2) Chelsea Pearson, the owner of Beautifully Bronzed TN, Nashville's premier mobile spray tanning company.
I have 15 years of spray tanning experience and decided to start my company 7 years ago. As a Nashville native it has been so fun watching business grow in my hometown. The support of a community like this one is everything, and I am so honored to have such amazing clientele! With Nashville growing as fast as it is, it has introduced me to so many new clients while also bringing me back around to people I haven't seen since childhood.
3) “Mindy Bledsoe is the owner of Tailored Living of Nashville. She has been designing custom home storage for over 17 years. Tailored Living designs, sells, and installs custom closets, home offices, pantries, and mudrooms…virtually all things home storage. Mindy’s team of experts can also help with total Garage Makeovers, including garage flooring, making them your local Whole Home Organization Company!”
4) Jennifer Turberfield specializes in residential real estate and loves nothing more than listing and selling the incredible homes of Nashville, Davidson and Williamson County. In her spare time, she enjoys visiting stately homes, reading books and magazines about homes, watching home TV shows and exploring the area with her family…while pointing out homes she has sold.
“I came to Nashville from Richmond, VA in 1994 and started working at Bennett in 1995. I worked my way up to manager and learned a lot in the process. Buying the business in 2018 was a natural next step. Owning a business is hard work, but the rewards are worth it, and it sets a great example for my son.”
Owner, Bennett Galleries Nashville
6) Dr. Ellen Jacobson, a board-certified dermatologist, is the founder of SkinMD. Her interest in medicine began after volunteering in Latin America providing basic healthcare. While in medical school, she diagnosed a family member with a malignant melanoma, leading her to specialize in dermatology. She is involved in the community and served on the Mayor’s Green Ribbon Committee on Environmental Sustainability.
Kelsey Finger - Patch
Dolly once said “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, pave another one.”. Starting a business during a global pandemic was never part of my grand plan but I feel honored to be included amongst women business owners in Nashville. And am incredibly grateful to all who paved the way so I could pave my own.
8) Amanda Gentry - Law Office of Amanda J. Gentry, PLLC.
Born and raised in Nashville, I committed to the practice of law to protect my family, my friends, and my community. A fierce defender of protecting your constitutional rights, I strive to serve people in a compassionate, honest, straight-forward way. A woman trial attorney is a rarity, and I wear that badge proudly and with honor.
9). Miriam Hall - Hall Orthodontics
Dr Miriam Hall is owner of Hall Orthodontics. Located in the Belle Meade area, Hall Orthodontics is a a boutique style practice offering the latest state of the art technology. Dr. Hall customizes each individual treatment plan and specializes in esthetic orthodontics, offering Invisalign, lingual braces and ceramic braces. Dr. Hall also offers botox and treatment for TMJ. As a mother of four children, she focuses on the genuine care and comfort of her patients while building lasting relationships. Hall Orthodontics is armed with an all star team to make your orthodontic treatment a fun and memorable experience!
10) Blair Parkes & Susan Lamb of Parkes and Lamb Interiors
Parkes and Lamb Interiors is a boutique interior design firm founded by friends Blair Parkes and Susan Lamb based in Nashville, Tennessee. Parkes and Lambs Interiors distinct aesthetic creates interiors that are timeless and refined yet effortlessly personal. Through their unique design approach, they develop a comprehensive plan suited to each individual project resulting in beautiful, comfortable interiors that reflect their clients' tastes, interests and lifestyles.
11) Damone Sounthonevichit - Owner of Luxi Lash
It is a true honor to be a woman owned business empowering other women to see the beauty in themselves. Women today are taking on so much more than they ever have. So when they step into our Luxie Lash Lounge, we are there to support them and give them the boost they need to step into their power and own the day. Being a woman-owned business means being a part of this tribe of superwomen bringing each other up. What a gift!
12) Kristen Geyser - The Showroom
Kristen Geyser is the owner of a unique women's boutique making high fashion attainable by offering one of a kind designer pieces to buy or rent. A small businesses like, The Showroom, allows you to always have just the right thing for any event; wedding, party, ball, prom without breaking the bank. The Showroom also includes accessories.
13) Jessica Wilkerson - lead designer and operator of OP Jenkins Furniture & Design
OPJ is a 112 year old family business from Knoxville, TN with a long standing reputation of high quality furnishings. Jessica brought the well established brand to Franklin with an emphasis on interior design, custom furniture, and antiques. "Our goal is to make the design process easy and enjoyable" Jessica says, "there is nothing more rewarding for me than happy clients who are excited to live in the spaces we create." Jessica and her husband Drew are Williamson Co residents and she says they love being part of this tight knit, welcoming community. "OPJ is all about family and community so having Williamson Co welcome us, support the store, and tell their neighbors what my team is capable of creating is such a blessing."
14) Lauren Bugg - GasLamp owner and antiques collector
Lauren Bugg operates the largest antique store in Nashville. They have more than 300 booths, they feature Nashville’s broadest array of décor genres, including Art Deco, Hollywood Regency, Mid-century Modern, Primitive and more.