Self-care is vital, because people must take care of themselves before they can take care of others, asserts Mechelle Webb, owner of Massage and Waxing by Mechelle.
She offers five wellness tips for 2020:
- Incorporate small, easy self-care steps into daily life, such as waking up 10 minutes early to have alone time.
- Be sure to intentionally move, whether it be walking, running, yoga or personal training.
- Stay hydrated with at least 64 ounces of water each day. Mechelle reminds it's crucial to truly track the quantity of water, rather than just guessing.
- Alleviate stress points with customized massages and treatment plans that dovetail with personal lifestyles and maintenance needed. She focuses on pain points during massages.
- Take care of skin with treatments and products that hone in on specific corrections or goals.
Mechelle, along with her staff, provides therapeutic/cupping massages, waxing/sugaring hair removal and customized facials/peels for clients.