Dressing up your home for the holidays is a bit like dressing yourself for a holiday get together. Adding a sparkling necklace or shiny earrings can really brighten up your look. Similarly, bringing in a mirrored tray or mercury glass candle holders will enhance the festive mood. Mary Beutler of Dream House Furniture and Design in Frederick says, "Additionally when decorating your home for the holidays, keep in mind these key design principles."
1. Make your decor represent you - pick pieces that speak to you and make you happy.
2. Enhance your space by incorporating a mixture of textures and materials.
3. Switch out everyday items like pillows and throws for a space that adapts with the season.
4. Always, always, always accessorize with greenery.
5. Color coordinate with the colors you already have in the room.
These beautiful items shown can easily blend into existing interiors but remember less is more. When curating your own personal style, putting away existing accessories will open up the room for your new finds to give your room a completely new look. For cooler seasons, switch out the summer or brightly colored throws and pillows and bring in the cozier textures and holiday patterns that speak to the season and senses.
These unique items are available for purchase at Dream House. Dream House is a furniture store and interior design firm with a unique, fresh, and beautiful perspective on home decor specializing in personal, honest, and reliable service from start to finish. DreamHouseStyle.com
#1 Faux Fur Throw 60x60 $320
#2 Viper Brass Chandelier- Clean lines and subtle design details. $1199
#3 Pom Pom Wreath 18" Diameter $114
#4 Resin Trees- Available in a variety of colors and sizes. $38-65
#5 Lumbar Pillow 14x20- Comes in other colors and sizes. $110