Established in 1993, Randy’s Steakhouse, one of Frisco’s most distinguished dining destinations has been a staple for diners who appreciate the art of fine dining and the allure of perfectly prepared steaks, seafood and wine. This year marks Randy's Steakhouse 30th year of culinary excellence. Via this feature, Frisco City Lifestyle celebrates with at least 30 reasons why diners love the restaurant.
- Randy's Steakhouse, family-owned and operated by Randy Burks, epitomizes Texan hospitality.
- Guests of special events and parties delight at personal greetings on the welcoming chalkboard.
- Randy, who enjoys "making friends," wows guests by visiting each table, ensuring the best dining experience is had by all.
- The steakhouse resides in the T.J. Campbell house, which as built in 1869, is listed on the Texas Historical Registry and anchors Downtown Frisco.
- Randy lovingly transformed the Victorian house into a prime steakhouse, paying close attention to the history and significance of not only the house, but to Frisco's heritage and the proximity to the Shawnee Trail.
- Favorite waiters, such as Vegas, add to the experience by telling stories about the home and some of Frisco's history that even longtime residents don't know.
- Guests enjoy the cozy, timeless ambiance of seven separate dining rooms, two fireplaces, and even patio dining.
- The restaurants boasts of a robust, 200-plus bottle international wine selection.
- Speaking of wine, Randy hosts a monthly wine dinner on the last Thursday of the month, each course pairing meticulously chosen wines with delectable dishes.
- Couples celebrating milestone anniversaries choose Randy's Steakhouse for its romantic ambiance, and they're surprised with a personal visit from Chef Randy and bottle of Randy's anniversary wine.
- Even birthday celebrations call for a visit from Randy and a bottle of his birthday wine.
- Randy's Steakhouse has five different menus, including the wine dinner, to meet various occasions and celebrations.
- Guests wanting a tailored, simplified menu of some of Randy's favorite entrées and desserts can choose from the budget-friendly, three-course Fixed Price Menu.
- Guests wanting to celebrate in style can choose from four, expertly curated party packages ranging from $60-$80 per person.
- Not every guest wants the full dining experience, so Randy has curated a bar menu that boasts upscaled traditional bar fare, such as beef filet nachos, prime rib sandwiches, classic cheeseburgers and loaded French fries.
- Food guests rave about the upscale culinary delights; it's hard to find just one favorite.
- Each prime steak is meticulously sourced, hand-cut and masterfully grilled to perfection in-house.
- BLACKBERRY FILET! This savory favorite was originally created to complement a particular wine, and became a surprise success.
- Yelp and Google reviewers repeatedly mention the glory of the Bleu cheese filet, one expounding with "the walnuts added the perfect crunch, the bleu cheese was melty and delicious..."
- The oft-mentioned 12-ounce tenderloin tournedoes are served with Randy's cognac bordelaise sauce, and is a must try.
- Randy's is not limited to steaks; there are fresh, fine seafood options.
- Oh! The lobster tail--broiled Australian lobster tail served with hot, melted butter.
- Alaskan. King. Crab. Legs.
- "The turtle soup is to die for! Bon appétit.”
- The side dishes are just as expertly and artfully created as the main entrées.
- High praise is given for the "golden crust" and "gorgeous creaminess" of the macaroni and cheese side dish, as well as Randy's famous garlic mashed potatoes.
- Appetizers? Yes, please! Thick cut, crispy onion rings, tender calamari in remoulade sauce, and 'Mud Bugs'--fried crawfish tails in Randy's sauce--are just a few of the favorite offerings.
- Even something as simple as a wedge salad with bleu cheese dressing is elevated to fan-favorite status at Randy's Steakhouse.
- Dessert. Randy's famous bread pudding, with Jack Daniel's sauce and cinnamon ice cream probably belongs with the main entrées, as it's a luxurious meal in itself.
- And, finally, what is Randy's favorite option to eat? The prime bone-in ribeye...tender and juicy, "the marbling is what gives it flavor."
Local and visiting diners alike enjoy the essence of Texan hospitality in this historical, yet upscale setting in Frisco’s premier destination for steak lovers and fine dining. With a dedicated staff and Chef Randy committed to providing impeccable service within a warm, inviting atmosphere, the staff provides dining experiences not to be forgotten. This is why Frisco--and we, the Lifestyle team--love Randy’s Steakhouse.
30 cheers to Randy's Steakhouse 30 years!
"Transforming this beautiful Victorian home to a full-service restaurant took research and expertise. We took utmost care to preserve the historical aura that the McCallum family had given their home."