What’s your plan for Valentine’s Day this year? Don’t settle for the typical - a boring box of chocolates or a dozen roses - when there are amazing opportunities around Topeka to make sure your date is something you’ll remember for years to come.
Check out this list of original and unexpected Valentine date ideas that go beyond typical to Topeka-cal (okay, that’s not really a word, but it should be). Escape the ordinary and try something new, from art to axes or just a new brew! Take advantage of some sweet specials while you’re at it:
1. Potwin Pottery - Don’t buy your gift. Create it together! Choose from heart-shaped items to ‘“first-date plates”. You can even bring your own food, wine, or beer! Or take a to-go kit to paint at home. They’re offering 2 for 1 studio fees on Valentine’s Day! No appointment needed and no time limit. Create more than a gift...create a memory. Call (785) 228-5700 or visit potwinpottery.com.
2. Keynundrum Escape Rooms - Planning on popping the question? She’ll never see it coming in an escape room! Owner Dawn Neuhalfen has set up proposals (perfect for the Jewel Heist theme), pregnancy announcements, gender reveals, birthdays, and more. See the video on their Facebook page. Ask about their remote online escape rooms too! Call (785) 506-6349 or visit keynundrum.com.
3. Axe & Ale - Try axe throwing! With six lanes, beers, ciders & wine slushies, it’s a great place for a date or a fun night out with friends. Bring outside food or order from nearby Iron Rail Brewing. Couples save 10% when you rent a lane on Valentine’s Day and get 20% off with six people on the lane. Great for company tournaments and teambuilding too. After-hours rentals available. Call (785) 215-8889 or visit axealetopeka.com
4. Studio 62 Art Bar - The goal is fun, relaxation, and self-expression at this one-of-a-kind studio. Drink, paint, and even get pizza from the NOTO Bistro next door brought to your table. Serving groups as big as 30, this unique venue in the NOTO arts & entertainment district is perfect for date nights, bachelorette parties, bridal showers, GNOs, and more. Call (785) 431-3221 or visit studio-62-painting-studio.business.site
5. Board and Brush Creative Studio - Bring your sweetie and share some wine while creating something uniquely yours at this fun, instructor-led DIY workshop. Leave with great memories and a custom wood sign for your home. Also perfect for private workshops, birthday parties, bachelorette parties, corporate events and more. Call (785) 408-1608 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Brew Bank - This self-serve beer buffet is like no other bar in the state! Pour your own brew and sample dozens of new flavors (over 30 taps) by the ounce. Or learn to make your own cocktails in mixology class - a great date night. Do Valentine’s Day early on Friday or Saturday night! They’re closed Sunday, but it’s such a great place for a date, we had to mention it. Call (785) 670-8008 or visit brewbanktopeka.com.