Ugh, it's almost that time of year again...you know, the time to get all of your financial information together and be ready to file your taxes? We are here to help! Here are just a few tips to help you get started.
- Ensure your have all financial tax documents for the year; W2, 1099 Statements (Retirement, Self-Employment, Unemployment, Royalties & Interest, etc), School Tuition 1098T, Daycare Expenses, Social Security and 1095-A Health Insurance Statements.
- Be on the lookout for two letters from the IRS arriving Late January; Letter/Form regarding the Advance Child Tax Credit payments you received in 2021 and another letter stating the amount you received for the Economic Impact Payment.
- Create an account with the IRS to track any payments made, received, and/or owed to you. Creating an IRS account can help you keep track of wages reported and tax returns filed.
- Did you dabble in cryptocurrency this year? This and "mining" is considered income and will need to be reported.
- Make sure you have a government issued ID that is not expired.
- When you file with Jackson Hewitt, create a MyJH Account at JacksonHewitt.com for faster and easier service.
Still not sure you have everything? That's okay, remember we're here to help! Give us a call at 936-760-1040.