As Spring nears, many of us are feeling the itch to redecorate and freshen up our homes. The rearrangement of furniture and addition of fresh artwork will inspire all who enter and encourage them to feel at home. For a quick appetizer and beverage to serve your drop in guests, keep a few key ingredients on hand for these easy refreshments. They’ll be delighted as they soak in the springtime sunshine with a Gin and Ginger and this Corn and Avocado Salsa.
Gin and Ginger
- mint leaves
- lime juice
- ginger beer
- In a 12 oz glass, muddle together 2 mint leaves, a splash of lime juice, and ½ teaspoon of sugar.
- Fill glass with ice and pour 2 oz gin over ice.
- Top off glass with ginger beer and stir.
- Garnish with mint leaf and enjoy!
Corn and Avocado Salad
- 15 oz corn
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- tortilla chips
- In a medium bowl, combine corn, avocados, tomatoes, red onion, and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy with tortilla chips!
3 Hosting Tips
- Ask for any allergies in advance and cater your meal (and home) to be something everyone can enjoy!
- Give your guests your full attention while they’re visiting and leave the dishes and clean-up for after your event!
- Put the food where you want people to be. They’ll migrate that way naturally!