There is a possibility that you know someone who has contracted the coronavirus due to the uprising of cases on a daily basis. As a result, it builds up anxiety and stress both physically and mentally. Not to mention how the demands of the pandemic have forced us to change our way of living to the new normal. Just the thought of this makes most people feel anxious and depressed.
On a micro level, people’s eating and sleeping patterns are impacted and various medical issues are worsened due to stress, fatigue, and dependency on consuming comfort but unhealthy foods. Abuse of and addiction to substances like alcohol, tobacco, and worse, drugs, have been rampant because they are used as alternatives to destress.
Getting a massage has a lot of benefits and is far more than just a visit to your favorite spa. It relieves stress by relaxing muscle tension and pain. Studies claim that it can ease the deep layers of connective tissues that are caused by stress, fatigue and overwork.
If you are stressed and anxious, you have the tendency to acquire tight muscles that can lead to muscle soreness. Your breathing is affected, too. A massage can help remove the muscle tightening. It can also reinvigorate your outlook as massage relaxes your mind.
Massage therapy is a treatment approach that is growing in demand and popularity. At one time, massage therapy was considered an alternative or fringe approach. However, it is now becoming much more accepted as a mainstream treatment option with many health benefits.
While a massage can be a luxury for many, it can also relieve many health ailments. People are becoming increasingly aware of the power and reaping the medicinal benefits that massages have to offer. Unlike medications, massages have no long or short-term side-effects. Not only does it feel good, but it can also improve your health and quality of life. Reach out to your favorite Salon & Day Spa to schedule your treatment.
5 Most Popular Types of Massage
- Swedish Massage. This type of massage combines kneading, deep circular motions, and long flowing strokes in the direction of the heart. This type of massage is also good for people who are new to massage. Choose a Swedish massage for relaxation or managing minor pain.
- Hot Stone Massage. This type of therapeutic massage is similar to a Swedish massage, only the massage therapist uses heated stones in lieu of or in addition to their hands. A hot stone massage is best for people who have muscle pain and tension, or who simply want to relax.
- Deep Tissue Massage. Deep tissue massage is a type of massage that uses more pressure than a Swedish massage. It’s a great option if you have soreness, chronic muscle problems, injury, or imbalance. It can help relieve tight muscles, chronic muscle pain, and anxiety.
- Aromatherapy Massage. Aromatherapy massages combine soft, gentle pressure with the use of essential oils. Aromatherapy massages are the perfect option for those who want to have an emotional healing component to their massage.
- Trigger Point Massage. Trigger point massage uses broad, flowing strokes that are gentle and relaxing combined with stronger, deeper pressure areas of tightness in the muscle tissues, known as trigger points.