The holiday season can be stressful for many reasons—don't let cleaning be one of them. Nic Stevens, General Manager at The Maids, shares his tips and tricks for keeping a clean home during the holidays.
What is The Maids?
The Maids is "the best cleaning service in the South Metro," says Nic. "We won Team of the Year this past year. Out of 185 franchises, there are 700 different teams, and we came in first." The Team of the Year Award is given to cleaning teams who demonstrate an ability to clean efficiently and display camaraderie within the team.
The Maids has 4.8 out of 5 stars on Google reviews. They use high-quality cleaning products and procedures, like their cleaning solution (which is approved under the EPA's Emerging Viral Pathogen Guidance to kill the Coronavirus and other viruses on hard surfaces) and their protocol to sanitize and disinfect commonly-touched areas during every clean.
"Our specialty is residential cleaning," says Nic. "If you need a deep clean, we're the people to call."
Nic's Tips for Holiday Cleaning
1. Dust while you go! Grab a couple of microfiber cloths and dust that holiday décor while you set up.
2. Don’t be afraid to throw stuff out. This one might be tough for some. Consider tossing or donating the decorations you haven’t used for the last 2 years. Decluttering is a great way to free up storage space and tidy up the entire process.
3. It’s the most wonderful time of the year—so take the time to enjoy it. If you hate spending your precious holiday time cleaning, let us help. Spend your time enjoying the season, doing the things you love to do.
4. If you want to hire The Maids, schedule with us sooner rather than later. Last-minute cleanings can be hard during the holidays because of how packed schedules become. Cleaning companies are busier than ever during the holiday season, which lasts from mid-November to the first week in January.
5. Remember festive music and eggnog (or your preferred holiday beverage) improve everything. Don’t even attempt holiday cleaning without them!
Finding Time During the Holidays
It's no secret that time flies during the holidays. "December can feel like the quickest month of the year," says Nic. "Take the time you typically take cleaning and use it to enjoy this wonderful season. Hire us to give you some of that time back."
Because The Maids clean in a 4-person team, the time they spend inside of homes is shorter than other cleaning companies. "It's worth getting a free estimate, talking to our staff," says Nic. "What would it be like to have that time back?"
To book The Maids, visit maids.com/192 or call (651) 322-4414.
"Spend your time and energy on the activities and hobbies you enjoy," says Nic. "Let The Maids take care of cleaning your home."