Six years ago, Luther Tanley had the idea to start a service in the greater Brentwood area for Christmas lighting. Though it wasn’t incredibly popular at first, most of the lighting in Brentwood is now done by his creative and continuously growing company, Lumenate.
“The more I learned about landscape lighting, the more I realized there really was an art to it and that was the missing component,” Luther says. “A lot of landscapers or electricians can put lighting in the ground, but to do it in a way that created a flair, an ambiance and a mood for the entire home outside was missing. And that’s what we bring to the table: the beautification of outdoor lighting.”
Luther’s unique and visionary work can be seen throughout the community this time of year.
Want to create some magic of your own? Here are a few tips from Luther himself.
- Invest in high-quality lights. There is a huge difference between commercial and box store lights.
- Store lighting in temperature-controlled environments when not in use.
- Roll mini lights into a ball when the season is over. It will make it easier next year!
- When possible, get LED lights versus incandescent. They will last longer and be more vibrant.
- Safety is the top priority! When in doubt, feel free to give Lumenate a call for some free advice or to do the installation.
"The season is most importantly about family, friends and the birth of our Creator. Keep that in mind when frustration with lights creeps in!" he reminds.