Deciding what to wear is more fun with a fabulous and functional closet. And the right organization solutions transform an ordinary closet space into an elegant retreat that displays your clothes with style. Here are eight things you should consider adding to your master closet.
1. Symphony wall—This innovative, low profile storage solution is ideal for narrow spaces. Not only is it more efficient than hooks, but it provides a stunning, contemporary look that allows for versatile storage of shoes, hats, scarves, handbags, and jewelry.
2. Jewelry drawer—Some people cram their jewelry into their top dresser drawer, in little boxes and bags; however, it can often be chaotic and time consuming to find what you need. Having a lockable jewelry drawer keeps often expensive or sentimental items not only safe, but well organized, in a protective velvet lined tray.
3. Pull-out mirror—This space efficient closet design keeps a panel with a full-length retractable dressing mirror handy or hidden neatly out of sight.
4. Wardrobe lifts—Most of us are totally neglecting the vertical space in our closets, because it is simply uncomfortable to reach. Thankfully wardrobe lifts can help you rethink this approach and double your hanging space.
5. Pull-out accessories—Belts, ties, and scarves are very susceptible to wrinkles and crinkles, when buried in the depths of your closet. Custom pull-out accessories in your closet can keep them in good shape and bring a level of order that’s hard to hide behind closed doors.
6. Valets—Some people might think of valets as a rather old-fashioned item, but they are making a big comeback. Valets are practical and can be great when planning for a date night or long weekend away.
7. Shoe storage—Are your shoes on the floor, hidden under hanging clothes, or in shoeboxes under the bed, hard to see and often hard to reach? Having dedicated shoe storage means no more smushed or creased dress shoes. Clean up your floor and maximize the vertical space in your closet with a gorgeous “shoe shrine” that can be adjusted to the perfect height to fit your flats, heels, and boots.
8. Lighting—Take advantage of integrated lighting to illuminate any space. Create the ambiance you are looking for in your custom closet.
These eight features can dramatically improve the flexibility and functionality of your master closet! Get these ideas and more for your closet with a free design consultation from Dayton Designer Closets, where every detail matters.