523446379-550?v=1

Community Confessions

Turkey Day Disaster Stories from a Few South Dayton Locals

Name: Kasheen Swango

Residence: Centerville

Confession:

"It was my first time making the turkey myself for the whole family. Our home had an extra kitchen on the lower level. After some time, a few of my guests said they smelled smoke. My family are such jokesters that I didn't think anything of it until I actually started smelling it, too. I flew down the stairs only to find the entire turkey was on fire!"

Name: Michael Taylor

Residence: Kettering

Confession:

"We were talking at the table and noticed our dog had snuck away into the kitchen. I jumped up to find him up on the kitchen counter with his paws around the turkey pan, trying to figure out where to take his first bite. Thankfully, I got there just before he could do anything, and we still ate it. Needless to say, our pup didn’t get any extra treats that day!"

Name: Natasha Baker

Residence: Waynesville

Confession:

"I make the Thanksgiving meal for my entire family. After prepping 2 gallons of apple cider, oranges and spices, I sealed my nearly 35-pound turkey to rest in its tasty bath. As I slid it into the refrigerator, the bag ripped, and out came the giant bird, brine and all! I salvaged what ingredients I had, and my family never knew that our fabulous turkey had been scraped off the floor!"

  • swangoka002-300?v=1
  • michael%20taylor%20pix%202-300?v=1
  • natasha%20baker%20square-300?v=1

Related Businesses

The Market at River Falls

Butchers

The Market at River Falls

Potomac, MD

We offer the highest quality products. The food we serve to you is the same food we eat ourselves, feed to our children and...

See More

Related Articles

See More