Decadent French Toast Casserole by Sweetwater Branch Inn
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
French or crusty bread, enough to cover a 9 x 12 pan
6 -8 eggs depending on egg size
2 cups milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
¼ - 1 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
½ cup Karo syrup Toppings of your choice
1. In a saucepan combine butter, brown sugar, and ½ cup Karo syrup. Cook until
2. Pour into greased 9 x 12 glass or ceramic baking dish.
3. Cut or rip bread into bite-size pieces. Layer bread into the baking dish until 1 ½ - 2
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. Pour the mixture over the
bread. Make sure all bread has absorbed liquid. Top with sprinkled cinnamon.
5. Add topping ingredients. We like blueberries, cream cheese, peaches, strawberries,
apples, nuts, dried fruits, or any combination of your choice!
6. Cover with plastic wrap and soak overnight.
7. Sprinkle brown sugar on top and place in preheated oven at 350 for 40 minutes until it
browns and bubbles.
8. Garnish with powdered sugar, fresh fruit, or melba sauce drizzle. Serve warm.