These cauliflower grain bowls prove that going meatless for a meal can be full of nutrition and delicious at the same time! Not only are they simple to make, but their ingredients can be multiplied to save for easy meal prep.
1 c quinoa/couscous/lentils/rice, cooked
14-oz can chickpeas
4 c cauliflower florets
2 c broccoli florets
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
½ pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 cucumbers, diced
½ small red onion, chopped
¼ c chopped parsley
¼ c chopped mint
1 lemon, zested and juiced
Shawarma Spice Blend Ingredients:
2 tsp cracked pepper
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp red pepper flakes
½ tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Prepare grain-base as desired.
3. Mix the shawarma spice blend.
4. Rinse, drain, and dry the chickpeas removing skin. Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and spread on baking sheet.
5. Toss cauliflower and broccoli florets with remaining olive oil and half of spice blend, setting aside remaining spice for later. Spread onto a second baking sheet.
6. Place both baking sheets in oven and roast, rotating once halfway through, for 30 minutes. Chickpeas will be golden brown and crisp when done. Cauliflower and broccoli will be easily pierced with a fork when done.
7. While roasting, mix together tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, mint, and parsley in a bowl and season with ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper. Toss.
8. Remove the baking sheets from the oven. Toss the chickpeas with the remaining spice blend and lemon zest. Sprinkle the cauliflower-broccoli with lemon juice.
9. To assemble, divide and serve grain-base between 4 bowls. Top with ¼ of the chickpeas, ¼ of the cauliflower-broccoli, and ¼ of the tomato-cucumber salad.