Peach chutney is the perfect summertime appetizer that cleverly balances sweetness and spice. Add the spread to a charcuterie board to impress guests at a dinner party or simply enjoy at home.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Ready in: 50 minutes
Yields: 1 cup
● 1 tablespoon olive oil
● 1 small yellow onion, minced
● 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
● 2 small jalapeño peppers with ribs and seeds, minced
● 1 1/2 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
● 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
● 1/4 cup raw cane sugar
● Grilled bread and aged cheddar cheese, for serving
1. Heat olive oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and kosher salt. Cook until onions have softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add jalapenos, peaches, cider vinegar and raw cane sugar. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to maintain a low simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened. Season to taste with more kosher salt.
3. Serve at room temperature on grilled bread with aged cheddar. Or chill in an airtight container.