- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 4 (8-ounce) lobster tails
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat grill over medium heat. In small bowl, whisk together melted butter, lemon juice, zest, chives, parsley, garlic and salt.
- Using kitchen shears, cut top of lobster shell from meaty portion of tail. Using knife, cut halfway through meat down the center, without cutting all the way through. Insert a skewer lengthwise through lobster to keep lobster from curling up when cooked.
- Brush all over with oil and season with salt/pepper. Grill flesh side down until lightly charred, about 6 minutes.
- Flip lobster and dollop a spoonful of butter mixture on flesh side. Grill until just cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove lobster from grill and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Serve with lemon wedges.