As the summer dwindles and some of us prepare for back-to-school schedules and activities, let’s hang on to summer just a little bit longer. Lazier mornings, sunny afternoons, and later bedtimes are the gifts of summer. We still have time for popsicles, sunkissed skin, water shoes, and uncut hair. And sunglasses. Your family should always wear sunglasses. Like skin, damage to your eyes shows up in your adult life. So spare your kids and spare yourself. Protect your family’s eyes, and look fantastic. Glasses and sunglasses are seasonless. Let’s grow into fall gradually. Enjoy what you have, and love what’s left of summer.
Tips for Mom and Dad when shopping for clothes
1. Always choose comfort over style but have both where you can.
2. Don't let them grow up too fast. Let them have input and let their personalities show through their style.
3. Try before you buy; you never know how a garment will fit, how easy it is to get on and off or if there are scratchy parts, even if you know the brand.
4. Invest in quality, especially for pieces you will get a lot of wear out of. Getting the right fit for shoes will keep them comfy and promote healthy growth!
5. Be patient and make shopping fun, they are so much more likely to choose what you like if they are having a fun time with you!
Tips for mom and Dad when shopping for glasses
1. Let your child pick out their own, stylish frames. There are so many choices for kids and they’ll be more likely to wear them if they love their glasses.
2. Fit is very important. If glasses slide down your child’s nose or squeeze their temples, they won’t wear them.
3. Sunglasses are as important as sunscreen; damage shows up later in life and is often irreversible.
4. During athletics, kids should wear sports glasses. The lenses are impact resistant and protect your child’s eyes.
5. It’s always good to have a current back-up pair of glasses. They don’t have to be expensive but it’s nice to have them when their daily pair gets lost or broken.