Homecation essentially means going on vacation, but not actually physically going anywhere.
Ideas for "homecationing in place" follow:
- Turn your home into a resort by picking a space within each room and redoing that space in a manner that especially pleases you. Consider it on that "I've always meant to" checklist.
- Have an at-home fashion show. Razzle-dazzle with hair and makeup as well! Take photos and videos.
- Read all those books that have been piling up, and post reviews on your Facebook page. Or invite others to read the same online articles and set aside designated times to compare notes.
- Whip up new dishes in the kitchen, but assign a theme to each evening's meal, complete with creating thematic table decorations and candles. Dress accordingly.
- Use fire pits or barbecue grills to roast meat, veggies and make s’mores. Then huddle outside with the lights out and tell scary stories or stargaze.