There is a seemingly endless checklist of to-do items when buying a new home, and a housewarming is probably the last! Once you've gotten to the end of the list, it's finally time to start thinking about thinking about inviting your friends over to celebrate this next step in your life. Here are a few tips on how to throw the perfect housewarming party!
1. Bar- Every great party starts with a great drink! Make sure the bar is set up in a convenient location. Set up glasses, napkins, wine, mixers, and of course the hard liquor. If you really want to be fancy, opt for a signature cocktail that you can batch mix before the guest arrive. We love this recipe for Grapefruit Thyme Fizz, which is perfect for a spring housewarming party.
GRAPEFRUIT THYME FIZZ
– 1 1/2 cups of grapefruit juice
– 1 cup sparkling water
– 1 cup ice
– 2 ounces of vodka
– fresh grapefruit and thyme sprigs for garnish
2. Food- Keep the food simple. Fruit, cheese, and veggie platters are a great way to go. A grazing board is the perfect centerpiece for a party and will keep your guests full throughout the night. In the past year, grazing boards have become the must-have for any party. Arrange your favorite cheeses, meets, bread, and more on a large cutting board, and you'll be set for the night.
3. Tour- Plan a tour once everyone arrives so you don't end up spending the entire night walking around the house. Don't worry too much about unpacked boxes; it’s part of the “just moved in” charm!
4. Music- The right playlist can make or break a party. Luckily Spotify is packed with housewarming party playlists for you to choose from. Add or take away songs and keep the music going on in the background throughout the night.
5. Games- Games always add a fun element to a party. You can set up cards and board games for guests to enjoy on their own or organize trivia, pictionary, etc for the whole group!