The morning of Mother's Day many women will wake up to a breakfast, maybe even a breakfast in bed. While being treated early in the day is a lovely tradition, let us not forget that it is a whole day dedicated to celebrating mom. With that in mind, we suggest winding down the day with a little drink just for the ladies. On a warm desert evening, any reason to uncork some sparkling wine is a good reason. Here is a cocktail that combines the bubbles of sparkling wine with sunny citrus flavors and bright red strawberries. Happy Mother's Day!
- 4 strawberries, plus extra to decorate with.
- 2 dashes of sugar syrup
- 4 lime wedges
- 2 measures of any berry flavored vodka
- Chilled sparkling wine to top up
- ice cubes
1. Muddle the strawberries, sugar syrup and lime wedges in a cocktail shaker.
2. Add the vodka and some ice cubes
3. Shake well and strain into 2 chilled wine flutes.
4. Top up with some chilled sparkling wine and decorate each glass with a sliced strawberry and serve.