Holiday Budget Tips
1. Determine a budget for holiday spending and stick to that number. Review receipts and bills from last year to establish a reasonable budget.
2. Make a complete gift list and set a “no more than” monetary amount to each person. For example, set aside $50 for a gift to mom and spend no more than $50 on her gift. No exceptions.
3. Shop early and sign up for store email alerts and coupons. Also, use your phone to price check. Most stores will price match if you find an item at a lower price somewhere else.
4. Keep track of your spending on a spreadsheet or on your phone. Account for every dollar spent. Bring your spreadsheet along with your gift list when you go out shopping. Tracking your spending is the key to sticking to your budget.
5. Use cash for your shopping. Put aside the total amount of cash needed for your gifts in an envelope and only use that cash on your holiday gifts. Once the money is gone, your holiday spending is done.